AMKA AFRIKA IS MY PERSONAL ADDICTION

( Natasha Shyrose at Jamtli Museum - Ă˜stersund: I love this little town in Sweden)
This is one of my song that I never get tired of listening! I love the message behind this song! Unfortunately this song is in my mother-tongue SWAHILI. You can still find the meaning of this song on this blog. Search for Amka Afrika on searching engine on this blog :)  I had so much fun recording this song especially doing the throat singing and sounding almost like lion. Its amazing to see how much is inside us. This song for me it was like discovering another side of me that I never knew it existed. What do you think of Swahili Joiking? It just happened during recording section. I love the recording section in most cases there are lots idea that suddenly comes and be part of the song. At times after I record the song I have to learn from my own music. Because I have no idea how all the extra vocals came about. I love this kind of experiment. At times I go to the studio with text already written and everything can change the last minute! The song becomes totally different. I still learn from my own songs all the time because of these suddenly ideas or surprises during recording! I think in music there a lot going on unknown to the musicians. The energy around it is unusual yet fun at the same time! Like I ended up doing the rap on Amka Afrika but I never Rap! That is freaking Raw From Female Artist huh ;) I kind of feel like between DMX and Tech N9NE just little bit in girl`s version ;)
On my next album I am having totally different style I am dividing my album into two.
1.Rock/Pop-Rock/Metal ( I want to explore every single part of myself musically) 2.African Vibe

Comments