MTONI MARINE HOTEL IN ZANZIBAR

One of the best hotels I have been at is Mtoni Marine, Zanzibar. I made a wise decision to be there for the entire Fashion Week Zanzibar. My intention was to change the hotel after my label Odd Is Bold is done with the show case! I wanted to visit different hotels to during my staying because I was to be there for a week. Instead I checked in with my family and I found no other reason to checkout to another hotel.
(Very Charming Staff at Mtoni Marine. I even got a friend there we still keep in touch)


The bedroom was big and well decorated. I just loved their natural products. Everything there is organic, most of it as the matter of fact! I think Mtoni Marine Hotel has raised job opportunities to the local industry since they use natural products, from laundry baskets, carpets, bathing soaps and even the interior design. I love their handmade bathing soap of clove, it was just so fresh for showering. One can feel the poles on the skin freshen up! The workers were always there taking extra care of us. They also spoke good english. Even though they were at work, they always took time to talk to clients about Zanzibar or whatever information you wish to know about.
So Simple Design Yet So Beautiful! I wish It was possible to take the photo of entire room 3D!



There was this Spa called Mrembo. The lady working there had a very beautiful skin. She invited us in to see how she is working. I love the idea that they used everything natural again. When you get body-scrub with natural products it makes the skin beautiful and smells very beautiful for a very long time! I am not talking about a day but weeks! They also sold natural essence which I had to buy myself plenty of to take with me to Norway. I also bought cloves soaps! I truly wish I had endless access of those products because they were so nice!
(Mtoni Marine supports local industry by using natural/organic material! Beautiful Spa from massage, body care and heena drawing)



The hospitality of the staff at Mtoni Marine is beyond excellence. They gave us warm welcome and lead us to our room. They told us whatever we may need we should not hesitate to contact them anytime. What I love mostly about the hotel is the plants, beautiful palms and different spice plants around the entire hotel. The fragrance from the air of the natural flowers and spices is like being into a paradise. These plants smells very nice yet not so strong scent at the same time. Since it is may get hot in Zanzibar being at Mtoni Marine hotel you will enjoy the fresh air. It is very important to have plants because they moisturise the place! I decided to take a walk around to see the entire place. It is close to the ocean and the hotel give you access to the beach. At times you can even eat dinner at the beach with a very beautiful spectacular view of the ocean and sunset. This place is just too beautiful and will truly sooth your soul. You can choose to swim in the ocean or swimming pool. Personally I love the water from the ocean, I don`t know why I feel so squeezed swimming in the pool. I love swimming in the ocean, or simply take a walk inside it and meditating on the crystal white sand of Zanzibar Beach. This place is beautiful for you who loves to meditate too!

Dinner tables at Mtoni Marine Hotel (Beautiful View)
  Swimming Pool at Mtoni Marine

Sometimes I have been asking why do I like to sleep at the big hotels. After all you will just sleep and won`t be there at the day time! What I have learned so far if you sleep at the big hotels you have plenty of option. What I believe is if you have to leave your home you better be somewhere nice like your home or better. At the big hotels they offer different activities and the most important variety choice of food. Breakfast is very important meal of the day. I do not expect to wake up in the morning living my hotel to find a restaurant so that I can have breakfast. I might be little bit spoiled maybe if possible I would prefer my breakfast on the bed! The first days I always go to the restaurant to see what type of food they have. At Mtoni Marine they had a very delicious breakfast. I do not like eating bread in the morning. It is just that not one of my favourite food at all. Yet Mtoni Marine you can eat different type of food from English, Italian, Spanish and Zanzibar food! They also had variety of fruits and very nice coffee! It is very important for me I get good breakfast before I start my day. I loved the fact that they also had the local dishes from the Island! One can learn about their culture and traditional cuisine! The same restaurant we eat breakfast continues serving different types of food and also used as Sports Bar! If you love sports you know where you can hangout while you are there. There was also another restaurant which is closer to the Mtoni Ruins whereby the Fashion Event took place! I just love the interior design of that place because of the oriental touch, which is one of the most typical design in Zanzibar!


Being so close to Mtoni Ruins made is so easier for participating at Fashion Week Zanzibar! I did not have to use transport back and forth rather than just walking through beautiful garden from my room to the Mtoni Ruins. I have to say my label Odd Is Bold was randomly selected by different magazines, newspaper for interview or at times just photos of my entire runway! It was a positive feedback from my designs this motivated me to do other Fashion Shows into different countries as I have always dreamed of! I remember I had interview with Bang Magazine which took photos of my collection for their magazine. The models were just so beautiful on the dresses I designed! I had a wonderful experience being at Mtoni Marine! For Sure I will visit that hotel again when I am in Zanzibar even for a single night while exploring other places. I believe it worth being there in all ways!

Beautiful little house at the garden!
I always asked the staff to walk me to my room just incase I see these beautiful donkeys. They told me they were harmless but I have experience with animals. I was once chased by a cow. Then I Norway I met Elg Horn Deer! I just have respect for these animals unless someone is with me but they are harmless :)



This is so beautiful!
Natasha Shyrose at Mtoni Marine - Fashion Designer for Odd Is Bold
Here is where the fashion event took place. Mtoni Marine use this place to make concert of beautiful classic music of Zanzibar!

I value this place 6/6 Excellent! You should visit the hotel while in Zanzibar!

 SOME OF THE ODD IS BOLD COLLECTION AT MTONI RUINS




Odd Is Bold Collection was randomly selected by different media for beautiful two weeks!!! 

Tanzania has beautiful women! It was great pleasure to dress them with my designs!

How do you like my designing skills? As long as I enjoy what I do thats what matters most ;)
My models back stage! They were just so fabulous in warm colours!

Join Us on Facebook too:








Comments