WHEN EAST AFRICANS MEETS WEST AFRICANS IN NORWAY

There is something special being in other countries and that is to meet people from all nations. When one is in Africa as I was mostly in Uganda or at times in Tanzania meeting people from all over Africa is not that easy. But when I moved to Norway that is when I got opportunity to meet different African people and learn about different culture but there is a lot we have in common.

There is something I have to say I do adore about the Western Africans. I think most are very hardworking and so focused. These people are not freezing for nothing or sitting and just letting the day passes by chatting. They work, talk and walk the talk! They like explore boundaries and try something different. This reminded me when I met a young lady at age of only 19 travelling to Dubai for shopping things for her boutique in Nigeria. I was like "WoW" that was truly big for me because at that age most young ladies in East Africa could still be home. Especially those who comes from rich families! This lady was from middle class and hustling like no tomorrow at that young age. I have personally found my own way to live my life at 19!

I had great time working with beautiful ladies from West Africa for Colour Blind Collection for Odd Is Bold. It was great fun working at Lerkendal at my old home which was once upon a time. We have to be so thankful to my wonderful neighbours who allowed us to use their garden to make photos. This made the outcome even get much better. I had to make sure the models and photographer enjoyed the facilities from both settings and changing. Then it was easier running to the next house`s garden and change into our empty apartment! Yes, it was somehow empty with only few things left since we already started to move to Sunndalsøra! The photo section was fun to watch Miss. Awai the model very comfortable with the camera and talented photographer Miss.Mabel doing what she can do best. It was amazing to see how great full team work of three ladies could turn up to something so interesting! I wish there was more collaboration between us women from all over the world by supporting one another. When I say that I mean like women empowering women but also be nice to the men. We should always have a balance! I will share with you the results from the photoshoot very soon! Stay tuned for the photos and Odd is Bold Fashion!

The photographer was Miss.Mabel copyrights Aaklas photos
                                               Contact:mabeltettey@gmail.coM
Ms.Awai aka Akanzer the Model of Odd Is Bold (Trondheim)


Fashion Designer Ms.Natasha Shyrose C.E.O Odd Is Bold
"This is my Alter Ego on Logo ;)"
(Logo made by my Twin Ibaad)





Comments