NATASHA SHYROSE WAS THE FIRST AFRICAN ARTIST TO FEATURE WITH KONSHENS FROM JAMAICA

Natasha Shyrose was the first artist to feature with Konshens from Jamaica. I remember we met through myspace after adding each other! I love the voice of Konshens and his songs were fire! He also had interest of my songs! And luckly he suggested us to do featuring even though I had it in mind but I was little bit nervous to ask! Konshens sang on my song Sugar and we re-name it Melting Sugah - Blackrose ft Konshens. Those days I used a name Blackrose until I found out that they were about 100 Blackroses on myspace! I decided to switch a name to my name Natasha Shyrose.  This song got attention from Jamaican people and I actually increased fan base from Jamaica. The challenge came when Konshens and his producer from Cashflow Sound asked me to reply the song Konshens did a monster. I never did a dancehall before and this was  a great challenge to me. I took the challenge and worked upon the song. I think artists we should challenge ourselves when it comes to different genre music becomes so much fun!  I remember I could sing the song in my mind but not into reality after the lyrics were finished written by myself. I had to work over and over again until I was ready to record after a week time in Trondheim Studio! I sent the song to Jamaica and uploaded it on myspace too! Featuring with people makes one even get new songs ;) I re-named the song to Addiction then!  The producers wanted to mix Konshens voice and mine. I asked the producer from Trondheim Studio for the files of only lyrics. He told me that they were no where to be found on his computer! I wish I could re do them but the studio was extremly busy. If only we had mixed our voices together on that track it could have been one of the craziest hot song ever!
It was truly great pleasure working with someone like Konshens he has great talent! Konshens comes from musical family all his brothers are into Dancehall/ Reggae and they are greatest Talent ever! Talk of sharing the same genes ;) No wonder this family is so talented into music! I truly wish one day me and Konshens sing on the same stage with that song " Monster Vs Addiction."

You can listen to Konshens and Blackrose aka Natasha Shyrose lyrics separately though!
http://soundcloud.com/natashashyrose/addiction-blackrose-aka ( Addiction was recorded around 2007)

The first part of the song is Monster the one I replied Konshens as Addiction on my version. The Hot lady on the video is not me ;)

Comments